Tags : Therapist

Posted in : Therapy topics on by : Paul J. Fitzgerald , freemiumfreemiumfreemiumfreemium Comments: 3

Counseling and psychotherapy are often used interchangeably, which can be confusing to people seeking help. Most of us who work in the field tend to use the two terms a little differently. Counseling is usually used to refer to getting help for less severe problems or for situational issues. Psychotherapy is usually used to describe… Continue Reading Is it Counseling or Psychotherapy?

It’s always been confusing to know all the professions that provide counseling and psychotherapy. When I received my Master’s degree at what was then the Alfred Adler Institute in 1986, the only licensed non-medical professions that could provide counseling and psychotherapy in Illinois were social workers (with a master’s degree) and psychologists (who must have… Continue Reading Counselors, psychologists, social workers…